Original image/Revised image


The first image is what came with the textbook for use with 7th grade students in Texas who are studying Texas History. This drab black/white image needed quite a bit of selection help to improve it's overall quality. Space, color, and depth could really make the different sections pop and stand out from one another. That was my goal with the revised image, do you think they stand out?
We spend an entire 6-week period building the connections between the distinct geography of each section of Texas and the history that took place there. My goal is to use the revised image to keep the students organized as well as invested.
Usability Comments:
I think you definitely achieved your goal. I really like the white borders. I think that is the key to your image and makes the regions pop. I would suggest a border around the entire image and title to encapsulate and focus the eyes of the learner. Nice job!
Chapter Justifications
Chapter 5: I found the mini-lesson to be much more applicable to my needs for this week's lesson. It honed in on the specific parts of figure-ground ideas and enabled me to develop the proper perception needed with my images. Based on this principle, I was able to make the most important aspects of my visual pop, therefore enhancing my figure and reducing my ground.
Chapter 11: When working with the revised image, I knew it needed some color. After studying the color basics taught in Chapter 11 on page 271, I decided to go with an analaogous pattern. This is to show that while the regions are different, they are also vitally connected and make up pieces of a bigger whole.
I think you definitely achieved your goal. I really like the white borders. I think that is the key to your image and makes the regions pop. I would suggest a border around the entire image and title to encapsulate and focus the eyes of the learner. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteYour brown regions also match the dry climate
ReplyDelete