My project is two-fold. The music image is utilized to teach an audience of students in grades 6-10 that music can be found anywhere. My partner's usability comments were to change the font to something more serif based, but I wanted to keep them the same based on Dr. Lohr's suggestion to use one of the three basic font styles (ie. Georgia) for a clean look. However, based on the usability feedback, I made some slight alterations to font style. The second image is intended for students in grades 3-5. It is to be used when teaching about the way architectural letters are found in many different types of places, even football stadiums for instance. Due to the usability feedback, I tweeked the font and italic nature of the "o" accompanying the image.
Original Images:
http://edtechbeheler.blogspot.com/2009/07/challenge-activity.html
Usability comments:
"I love the music theme. I would say a more script like font might work a bit better with the musical clip art. The sax definitely has a flowing serif feel to it. Overall, I think you totally nailed the concept for this assignment.
I love the birds eye perspective on your image and I think it will work for the proposed assignment. My only comment would be to find a font or use italics to match the slant of the stadium. Other than that small criticism nice job."
Chapter 8: I used the elements of alignment, contrast, repetition and proximity as noted on pg. 195-197 of the text. Alignment is especially vital in the 2nd football stadium image because the edges are critical to conveying the point of the lesson. Contrast is essential in the first image, as noted on page 201, there needs to be differences established while keeping the overall flow intact.
Chapter 9: With the information from this chapter, I was attempting to get maintain the overall instructional typography notions mentioned throughout the chapter while especially concentrating on the readability aspects in the music image. Readability (page 225) is defined as how easy it is to read a lot of text...and although this was just one word, I wanted to make sure it flowed.
No comments:
Post a Comment