The above image would be used in a Science course with grades 8-12 as a refresher on the Scientific Method process. While circles are known to show unity, I chose to use squares to reinforce the notion that Science requires specific steps to arrive at a conclusion. The arrows were added to display the relational aspects of each step. Due to the inherent knowledge of my target audience, germane load should be dramatically increased as they would have a solid base of knowledge with this subject.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Unit 2-Usability
The above image would be used in a Science course with grades 8-12 as a refresher on the Scientific Method process. While circles are known to show unity, I chose to use squares to reinforce the notion that Science requires specific steps to arrive at a conclusion. The arrows were added to display the relational aspects of each step. Due to the inherent knowledge of my target audience, germane load should be dramatically increased as they would have a solid base of knowledge with this subject.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brad,
ReplyDeleteYou describe why you are using squares in your introduction. Why did you choose to use a circle for the theory shape? I think staying consistent with the square philosophy might work out better. I feel like my eyes want to view this left to right possibly. I get a little lost with the “consistent” arrow. I believe that it is coming from the entire hypothesis process, which could be a little clearer.
I think you have a good structure that can be brought out a bit more with a different font and maybe some color. You will see on mine that I am having the same issue with font choice. The font style is a critical element for the image and I am not happy with the ones that I have so far. I think your font should pop a little more.
I hope you find this helpful and I am looking forward to seeing the revised version.